I have recently started to add affirmations to my evening routine. I try not to overload my routines, whether it’s my morning routine or evening routine. However, I think it makes so much sense to add affirmations to both.
Night affirmations ensure your mindset is positive before you go to sleep for the night. Not only is it an inspiring way to end the day, but it also ensures your mind is focused on you, and your future as you drift into sleep.
Here are the first affirmations I started to say to myself before going to bed:
- I am the creator of my reality and future.
- I am thankful for where I am in my life right now.
- I can create whatever I put my mind to.
- I am able, confident, and resourceful.
- I deserve happiness, health, joy, and wealth.
- I am grateful for everything I have.
The night affirmations above may seem pretty straightforward and simple, however, they are very effective. I started with these first as a more general introduction to affirmations in the evening and to set my mindset before I went to bed.
Consider Your Desires When Choosing Night Affirmations
Our desires will determine the night affirmations we choose to include in our evening routine. Someone who is starting their own business may have different affirmations than someone who is preparing for mid-term exams. Or maybe you are trying to find yourself during a confusing time in your life.
Wherever you may be in your life and what your desires are at any given time will help you choose the affirmations that you’ll include.
Consider your current goals and let those goals help you build affirmations. For example, if I was starting my own business and I was nervous, I would include affirmations about my confidence, mindset, presence, financial goals, business goals, etc.
I would even include affirmations regarding the people that I wanted to support my business, how my friends and family might take part, and what my surroundings and environment included.
How to Say Your Affirmations
I started out by saying my affirmations silently in my head. This works really well. I still do this from time to time. I have added saying them out loud as well. Hearing them in my voice has a strength to it that seems to further support my affirmations.
If I’m tired, I might just say them to myself as I fall asleep and not even get through all of them.
And some nights I choose to write them out. Repeatedly. Then I read them and genuinely feel them and envision my desires coming to fruition. More on what that looks like in my article on visualization.
Additional Night Affirmations
- I am deserving of the money that I desire.
- I am capable of doing hard things.
- I have the ability to overcome my fears.
- I am genuine in my desires.
- I am thankful for today.
- I did my best today and I am proud of myself.
- I release the day and let go of tense thoughts.
- I give myself permission to close out today and prepare for tomorrow.
- I am calm and restful.
- I release the stress/overwhelm of today.
- I am ready for tomorrow.
- I am grateful for the experiences I had today as I continue to grow.
- I appreciate what I have learned today.
- I am ready for a peaceful night of sleep.
- I give myself permission to let go of anything that went wrong today.
- I am ready to reach for my desires tomorrow.
- I am content as I end my day and go to sleep.
- I choose positive thoughts.
- I am attracting my dreams while I sleep.
What are your favorite night affirmations that you would add to this list? Share in the comments below!